Health Benefits of Nuts

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Re: Health Benefits of Nuts

Postby Moritz_Langgasse » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:32 am

... and nuts taste really good. ;) Thanks for all the information.
Moritz_Langgasse

Postby rmartin345 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:46 am

Nuts are one of the best plant sources of protein.Nuts are full of protein so they should help build your muscles.They contain oils that are supposedly good for the skin.Most people would agree that nuts are tasty but did you know that they are full of goodness.The fat in nuts is monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat.
rmartin345

Postby princealway » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:39 pm

The detail about the health benefit of Nuts is really nice . But the Nuts are also helpful to built muscle. The nuts are full of protein so they should help build your muscles
princealway

Postby timwillies » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:37 am

Good post , Nuts are one of the best plant sources of protein.
The best approach is to reap the health benefits of eating nuts but not add excessive calories to your daily intake. So instead of simply adding nuts to your diet, eat them in replacement of foods that are high in saturated fats and limit your intake of these tasty treats to 1 to 2 oz per day .
timwillies

Postby nancy00 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:37 am

Hi

Walnuts

Walnuts are especially great because they have high levels of omega-3 fatty acids. Other nuts don't.

Omega-3 fatty acids are also found in fatty fish like tuna and salmon. We know that omega-3 fatty acids lower levels of triglycerides, a type of fat in the bloodstream. Experts are not exactly sure how. Omega-3 fatty acids may also slow down the growth of plaques in the arteries and reduce swelling throughout the body.

Almonds

Many studies show that almonds have real health benefits too. Almonds are a good source of protein and are high in antioxidants, magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron as well as vitamin E. Like other nuts, they also provide a good source of monounsaturated fat — the good fat that is needed for heart health.

Thanks
nancy00

Postby jennyjohn » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:12 am

Nuts benefit us in many ways, Nuts are one of the best plant sources of protein, they have lots of protein, fiber, healthy monounsaturated fats, vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants. I think that Nuts are high in protein which makes them a a good choice if you are looking to replace foods that are high in saturated fat.
jennyjohn

Postby mercifulmn » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:21 pm

The nuts are very nutritious, full of the protein, copper, niacin, magnesium, fiber, vitamin E and selenium is included. It is really means more for health. Selenium is a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes harmful free radicals works. Research at the University of Illinois, also a large amount of selenium in Brazil nuts help prevent breast cancer.
mercifulmn

Postby sanjibeceltic » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:16 am

This is the first time i visit this topic and found very knowledgeable. Thank you vary much for the information.

http://www.thebodyholiday.com/activities/yoga
sanjibeceltic

Postby Kelli » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:48 pm

This is a great post about the health benefits of nuts - thank you for posting it! I learned some great things I didn't know, and I LOVE nuts. Makes me feel even better about eating them.

One little heads up I would give about the Omega 3 benefits from nuts: the Omega 3s in walnuts, other nuts, and flaxseeds come in a form called alpha linolenic acid (ALA), which your body has to convert to EPA and DHA Omega 3 fats (the two kinds found in fish oil, and the only types our bodies actually use). Apparently our bodies convert very little of the ALA to EPA and DHA (I'm talking 5% or less). So while the walnuts do provide Omega 3 fats, it is very minimal in terms of benefit to our bodies. I actually wrote an article on this very topic on my healthy eating blog several months ago (with flaxseeds in place of nuts). Just throwing this out there because I think a lot of people just don't know they likely aren't getting a lot of Omega 3 benefits from flaxseeds and nuts (plant based foods) in the end.

Still, that's not a bad thing by any means, and you've gotta love the multitude of health benefits in nuts! As I said, I eat them very often. So I have a question: Has anyone gained undesired weight or fat solely from eating nuts? I will often eat far more than 2 oz per day (what some people recommend limiting your intake of nuts to since they do contain fat). I've never gained weight or fat when I've increased my intake. I know everyone's different, so I wanted to ask. For me, when it comes to how many nuts to eat, I have the attitude of "go nuts" - literally!
Kelli

Postby devilmarkko » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:40 pm

There are so many Health Benefits of Nuts. Nut are good body builder. Cashew nut has no cholesterol. Cashew helps maintain healthy gums and teeth. Cashew nut contains healthy monounsaturated fat that promotes good cardiovascular health.

hyperhydrosis
devilmarkko

Next

Return to Health Food Discussion Forum