Is microwave cooking safe?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Is microwave cooking safe?

Postby hostonbarry » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:37 am

Hi everyone,Have you ever heard anything about the effects of the microwave on body?
hostonbarry

Re: Is microwave cooking safe?

Postby aksavarna » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:51 am

Hi

Microwave oven produces microwaves that can severely harm the cell wall of foods. Many health studies indicate that foods cooked in a Microwave Oven lose lots of important nutrients.

Many doctors believe that there is a sharp increase of childhood cancers due to the exposure caused by electromagnetic waves.

When you heat food in an oven, the chemical components polymers, paper, and paperboard products enter into the food, which can make it unhealthy and unsafe to use.
aksavarna

Postby chibilito » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:34 am

hi i am new here, i heated my food every lunch in the microwave, but it was on microwave safe ware. is it ok?
dentist west covina dentist downey
chibilito

Postby smithgerry » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:57 pm

Cooking in Microwave is safe. It has the good protection to be keep the food hygienic. The food cooked in the microwave is good for the health as well.
smithgerry

Postby jackmartinn55 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:59 pm

Yes, Microwave cooking is safe. We can cook so many food with the help of microwave. Like pizza, cake, Burn, bread, pasta...With Microwave we can prepare food in short time. the cooking with microwave is also easy. The microwave cooking is safe also.
jackmartinn55

Postby jhonkevin » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:13 pm

Yes, Microwave cooking is totally safe. because you can just put some item in to microwave and close the door then after 10 to 20 min its ready. We can cook so many food with the help of microwave. Like pizza, cake.. the cooking with microwave is also easy,fast and safe.
jhonkevin

Postby bradhodgy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:21 am

Yes , .It do not effect the food which are cooked in microwave and the taste is good .I hoped since I am eating food cooked in the microwave since I'm young. When I was a kid our family and our microwave first, it was a moment in technological advancement in our house. He does the cooking, and heating things faster and easier than ever. At the time, the microwave was a big monster heavy compared to microwave ovens space-efficient today.
bradhodgy

Postby Anselgrey23 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:23 am

I would also say Yes they are fairly safe.But you should be aware that exposure to microwave radiation for extended periods may well cause certain cancers to occur. They may also cause cataracts, birth defects and other serious health problems including nervous system damage, headaches, and pacemaker interference.
Anselgrey23

Postby nancy00 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:39 am

Hi

The unique effects microwaves have on food appear not to be altogether healthy. One study dating back to the 70s revealed that microwave cooking deformed the cellular structure within vegetables in a way not seen with conventional heating. Other research, published in the Lancet, found that the microwaving of milk led to structural changes in the proteins that might well pose hazards for the body. Some scientists have suggested that one particular protein formed in this way (D-proline) is toxic to the nervous system, kidneys and liver.

In 1989, Swiss research revealed that consuming food thawed and/or cooked in a microwave oven could cause undesirable changes in blood chemistry. Two notable effects were a reduction in the level of the blood pigment haemoglobin (predisposing to anaemia) and an increase in the overall number of immune cells in the bloodstream (generally taken to be a sign of stress, infection or inflammation in the body). Also, exposing light-emitting (luminescent) bacteria to blood drawn after the consumption of microwaved food caused them to glow more brightly. The suggestion is that microwaves may lead to unnatural energetic changes in food that could pass to those who eat it.

thanks
nancy00

Postby AleemDar » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:20 am

My answer is no it is dangerous near me...

SEO Colorado Springs
AleemDar

Next

Return to Health Food Discussion Forum