Healthy Eating for Diabetes

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Healthy Eating for Diabetes

Postby manda » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:50 pm

I have two awesome cookbooks by Robyn Webb http://robynwebb.com/books.html for diabetic cooking: one is called Eat to Beat Diabetes and the other is Diabetic Meals in 30 Minutes - or Less! Thought I'd share!
manda

Re: Healthy Eating for Diabetes

Postby fuenteselaine » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi manda,
I am fuenteselaine aged 40 years living in California. I had diabetes at the age of 30 years. My sugar level is around 175. I have read the book named "Eat to Beat Diabetes" before 5 weeks. This book has really helped me a lot. This book helped me in taking my regular diet.
fuenteselaine

Postby manda » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:00 pm

i'm so glad to hear that! how are you feeling these days?

~ manda
manda

Postby haeveingridseyn » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:24 pm

hi manda,

thanks for creating this thread.
What are the healthy diet foods?
haeveingridseyn

Postby mohit_sharma » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:27 am

Hi Manda,

Thanks for sharing link

If anybody get more information about health news and stories please visit at Top Health News :)
mohit_sharma

Postby manda » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:08 pm

"healthy diet foods"? well, it's important to eat on a low-glycemic index. for instance, replacing pasta with whole wheat pasta and eating complex carbs, like vegetables instead of breads (or just less bread). this is NOT low-carb. fad diets like that don't last, in my experience. here's a good blog: http://www.robynwebb.com/youcaneatthat/

i'm so sorry this took so long for me to reply! things have been a little nutty lately. i will do better with checking, i pormise. :)
manda

Postby jamesmartyn » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:51 am

hi there.....

On the contrary, vegetables are good... The best ones for diabetics are zucchini, aubergines (eggplant), celery, all cabbages (both red and white), bean sprouts, onions, endives, spinach, mushrooms, cucumbers,... and fruit (but not to an excess). Avoid dried fruit such as nuts, figs and dates. As to meats, all are ok, but the least fatty ones are best: fowl of all kinds, turkey, chicken, duck (skinless) and even ostrich meat (if you can find it!)...Fish of all kinds, trout, salmon, bass, anchovies (fresh not salted), sardines, mackerel, and all white fish.
jamesmartyn

Postby helloyou » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:10 am

Proteins are biochemical compounds consisting of one or more polypeptides typically folded into a globular or fibrous form, facilitating a biological function. A polypeptide is a single linear polymer chain of amino acids bonded together by peptide bonds between the carboxyl and amino groups of adjacent amino acid residues.

parapharmacie discount
helloyou

Postby vkodass » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:16 pm

This is a good chroming foods for available here.

please Check...

http://www.princessquare.tv/
vkodass

Postby jessicameilly » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:28 am

Eat enough rice, try to lessen it, it contains carbohydrate that may cause diabetes if you eat too much..

Next

Return to Health Food Discussion Forum