What is an organic food?

Share your opinions on Organic Food and Organic Food Sources.

Re: What is an organic food?

Postby growfoo » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:23 pm

If you are wanting to learn about Organic foods, first you must understand why processed food is not organic. You would think a cornstalk growing out of the ground would already be organic right? Wrong! Very wrong indeed.

First you need to know what GMO's are. GMO stands for genetically modified organisms. There are many reasons why plants are genetically modified including for bug control, bigger crops that produce bigger produce and so on. Here is a full questions and answers about GMO, I could keep writing for days about it: http://growfoo.com/blog/farmers-markets ... ould-know/

There are many other things that make organic foods worth it. A lot of processed food is laced with chemicals in order to keep things fresh longer for both you and its shelf life. A prime example of this is bread.

Ever heard of pink slime? Pink slime closely resembles soft served, strawberry icecream, but don't be fooled, Pink slime is used as a beef filler made from the unwanted scraps from slaughter house floors. Theses scraps that were once used solely to make pet food, are now being collected, chopped and smashed together to produce a cheap filler for mainly burgers. Pink slime is used in many fast food joints to keep costs low and worst of all, most commonly used in school lunches. If you want to learn more about Pink slime, it can be found on our blog.

I could go on for days, so if anyone has any specific questions about any of these things I have mentioned or anything else regarding organic food, please feel free to ask me here or on our google plus account. Just search for Growfoo!
growfoo

Postby Aubrey » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:04 am

Organic food is one which is a organic produce and other ingredients of this foods are grown with the use of organic fertilizers, compost or any other toxic free plant foods instead of any pesticides, chemicals, synthetic fertilizers, genetically modified organisms, sewage sludge or ionizing radiation. We should use organic fertilizer to get organic foods which is good for health. It is essential to know why we should use organic fertilizer- http://gsplantfoods7.blogspot.in/2013/0 ... lizer.html
Aubrey

Postby Alex » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:20 am

organic foods are the foods which are chemical free...its good for health and have no chemical...
Alex

Postby johnmarker » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:22 pm

In easy words, organic foods are by and large used to depict food grown without manufactured manures or pesticides and all the more in a manner that emphasizes crop rotation, usage of regular fertilization and guarantee that the soil life is kept up which is a good symbol.
johnmarker

Postby Dave Hasler » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:11 pm

organic food is food which is produced using environmentally and animal friendly farming methods on organic farms. These methods are legally defined and any food sold as 'organic' must be strictly regulated.
Dave Hasler

Postby PlentyWell » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:24 pm

Organic foods are grown without the use of pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, genetically modified organisms or ionizing radiation. Environmental friendly organic farming practices such as crop rotation, manure or compost, manual weed control and biological pest control etc are used. Farmers abide by all the rules necessary to meet USDA organic standards. To know more you can read this article http://www.plentywell.com/organic-really-mean/
PlentyWell

Postby Slavkoni » Wed May 04, 2016 1:24 pm

It is well known that organic food contains up to 50% more nutritive material, vitamins and minerals. Besides this, the taste and aroma of healthy and high-quality organic food is significantly different from the one that has been artificially produced. This is what reminds the elder generations of their youth and gives us all a complete sense of pleasure: http://organicfoodshoppers.com/why-organic-food/
Slavkoni

Postby PlentyWell » Wed May 04, 2016 6:30 pm

I am gradually shifting to buying organic food products for my family. I've noticed lot of difference in the look and taste of organic foods. Though it is priced on a higher side, but definitely tastes better and gives me a satisfaction that I am making a healthier choice for my family and kids.

Here's a quick read to help you understand what does organic really mean. http://www.plentywell.com/organic-really-mean/
PlentyWell

Postby Andre Farinazo » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:40 pm

How many of you guys eat kale on a weekly or monthly basis?
Andre Farinazo

Previous

Return to Organic Food