Are Organic Foods Healthier Than Conventional Foods?

Share your opinions on Organic Food and Organic Food Sources.

Re: Are Organic Foods Healthier Than Conventional Foods?

Postby dpfockiwi » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:20 pm

The word organic refers to the way farmers grow and process agricultural products, such as fruits, vegetables, grains, dairy products and meat. Organic farming practices are designed to encourage soil and water conservation and reduce pollution. Farmers who grow organic produce and meat don't use conventional methods to fertilize, control weeds or prevent livestock disease. For example, rather than using chemical weedkillers, organic farmers may conduct more sophisticated crop rotations and spread mulch or manure to keep weeds at bay.

Physio of Dublin
dpfockiwi

Postby markbenson790 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:23 pm

"Rather there were no strong evidence that organic foods are more nutritious than others" this proverb might not be 100% correct but still most of the experts and other diet planners are simply preferred these organic foods as the best ever food which consists of a number of protein, nutrition, vitamin and minerals; and these are also provide more benefits than conventional foods it was free from synthetic and fertilizer and also treated as environmental friendly.
markbenson790

Postby jameifrades » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:28 pm

There might some truth behind the organic foods and its possible that the benefits have been exaggerated to highlight that organic foods are far more healthy. However, growing organic foods is a must and will be of help to boost food production. One drawback against non-organic food, chemical contamination.
hotel transportation los angeles
jameifrades

Postby AliciaParker » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:37 pm

Well I think that organic food is healthier than the conventional food, because it is grown in a more natural and a healthy environment without any use of pesticides or other harmful fertilizer. Due to this it will not cause any harm to our body. So I believe it is more healthy.

Postby robert1991 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:32 pm

There are many resons due to which organic food is better then conventional food.
1) No pesticides
2) more nutritious
3) not harmful for nature
4) much healthy
robert1991

Postby Andrew Brodsky » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:22 pm

've been reading with interest the back-and-forth about the pros and cons of organic foods on the site. I found it so hard to figure out where the weight of evidence really fell with respect to organics and other health food topics that I created my own website, Fact or Fizzle, to create an objective rating of where the research fell.

My site rates all peer-reviewed studies for each topic on methodological quality, influence in the research community, and conflicts of interest (to my knowledge, it's the first analysis of its kind to take all those factors into account). I rated about 100 peer-reviewed studies that compared organics and conventional foods on nutritional quality, safety, and health effects in humans. I found mixed evidence to support nutritional benefits of organic vegetables, but not much support elsewhere.

The site is a labor of love and I have no particular dog in the hunt -- I just wanted to create an easy-to-navigate home for research evidence on the 'Net. The site's new and I'd love anyone's feedback if they'd like to take a moment to visit!

The site is located at:
http://factorfizzle.com
Andrew Brodsky

Postby growfoo » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:02 pm

Yes, Organic food is healthier. You have to pay good attention to labels though, just because something is labeled "organic" or "all natural" doesn't always mean it is 100% organic. Labels can be very misleading. In order for something to be considered truly 100% organic it must have a FDA approved logo by the word organic. Otherwise it merely means that some of the ingredients are organic, while others are not.
growfoo

Postby Warbecks » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:33 pm

The problem with 'studies' and 'news' its that everything is paid for and owned by somebody so the stories and results you hear are whatever that sponsor wants you to hear. The food industry is HUGE and evergreen, it will always be necessary, and the big companies have a lot of money.

CLEARLY eating food the way the earth intended it to be produced, without chemicals and genetic modifications, is better for you. Anybody who would try and prove otherwise is smoking something funny. Pesticides are meant to kill. We put that into our bodies and we're told that it's just the same as the food without pesticides? Try again. And genetic modification hasn't even been around long enough for conclusive studies to show what it does to our bodies so we'll just have to wait and see, won't we?

--------------
Spirulina Benefits
Warbecks

Postby Althea » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:25 pm

Hello All,

I'm from Jamaica, where most of the vegetables and fruits there are grown organically. It always amazes me that many people in Jamaica live long healthy lives. Many natives are in their ninetys and some live past 100 years old are are still able to wash their own clothes by hand, cook their own food and are still very strong and physically energetic. Many of these people don't take any prescribed medications and utilize herbs from their surrounding to cure any minor ailments. Too add to that a lot of them are poor. However since the influence of cultural diffusion such as fast food restuarants to such places as Jamaica the natives there especially the younger generation are eating less healthier nutritionally depleted food compared to the older counterparts. You then begin to find more illness, and health conditions with this population. Many Jamaicans migrate to America, and once they are here for a few years, they develop illnesses, that they never experienced in Jamaica. It has to be that the organic, all natural food plays a vital role in their health. A lot of them also walk more than the average American does.
Althea

Postby mocelj » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:19 am

Yes organic food is better there is no doubt about that, but corporations knew that and because of that it is more expensive to eat that food, they are forcing everybody to eat bad food...

P.S.
I found some interesting facts about organic food here http://foodsthatcure.com/
mocelj

PreviousNext

Return to Organic Food