The Hype about Atkins Diet

Atkins Diet support and discussion

The Hype about Atkins Diet

Postby catrosinfo » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:20 am

"To call this a vegetarian Atkins diet is, to paraphrase, like putting lipstick on a pork rind," - -Dean Ornish, president of [url=pmri.org]Preventive Medicine Research Institute[/url] in Sausalito, Calif. "It's a little hard for me to understand why people are going out of their way to make an Atkins diet something that it isn't."

Clearly People has made so much about this diet than it should be given credit for. This is largely due to a meteoric rise of colon cancer cases all around the world that has made it the second leading death cause in the US. More information can be read at colonNews.com
catrosinfo

Re: The Hype about Atkins Diet

Postby nikdevid » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:39 am

There are some serious health risks of the Atkins Diet.The science behind the theory is that cutting out the carbohydrates will force your body to use its stored fat in order to obtain the energy needed. This means that you are forbidden to eat bread and pastries, potatoes, pasta, milk, rice, fruit, vegetables (well, there are a couple you can still eat) and, obviously, definitely no junk food or soft drinks. On the other hand, you are allowed to eat red meat, fish, chicken, cheese, mayonnaise, cream, butter and eggs. This is going to be your only food for the first two weeks, which is called the Induction Phase.
nikdevid

Postby watson » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:47 am

There are some serious health risks of the Atkins Diet.The science behind the theory is that cutting out the carbohydrates will force your body to use its stored fat in order to obtain the energy needed.

Resume Writing Services
watson

Postby miles.o » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:04 pm

The Atkins diet is a very unhealthy way to try and lose weight, as it creates an unbalance in eating habits. Many of those who lost weight using this method gained it back after eating carbohydrates again!
miles.o

Hi! Anyone else from Stirling?

Postby Expony » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:04 am

Hello guys,

My name is Charlie and I am from Stirling in the United Kingdom. I have recently discovered this forum and I like it very much.
I am a bit shy so I wont talk much about me but maybe when I will get more confortable, you will get to know me better!
My main hobbies are astrology and watching movies. I also love outdoor activites but the temperature has been bad for the last weeks or so here in Stirling.

I was wondering if anyone else here is from the UK too?

I am happy to have joined this forum!
Have a nice day!
:)

Charlie

PS: Sorry if this was posted in the wrong section. I could not find the right one!

http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/2009/04/ ... ortu_1.php

http://www.allfacebook.com/facebook-privacy-new-2009-12
Expony

Postby miles.o » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:08 pm

The Atkins Diet restricts carbohydrates to a mere fraction of that found in typical diets.

Takks!Takks!

Postby simitchdar » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Takks!Dette er et stort behov for!
simitchdar

Postby boxdabu » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:26 am

There are some serious health risks of the Atkins Diet.The science behind the theory is that cutting out the carbohydrates will force your body to use its stored fat in order to obtain the energy needed.

Postby cuppot » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:19 am

Willingly I accept. An interesting theme, I will take part.
cuppot

Postby jonathantrott » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:00 pm

Everyone is talking about atkins diet, what exactly this diet plan do.
jonathantrott

Return to Atkins Diet