no benefit from exercise?

Talk about anything related to fitness and exercise here.

no benefit from exercise?

Postby charlesedwin » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:49 am

I'm curious...is it possible for a person to not benefit from exercising? I workout 3 times a week (1/2 hour of cardio & 1/2 hour of weights). I have sad little wimpy muscles. I read that the ability to build muscle is largely genetic. Is this correct? I had lipo almost 3 months ago due to genetically thick legs and a poochy lower belly. I thought once the fat was sucked, the muscle underneath would be more visible. But it's not! I have been able to maintain my weight, although I would like to lose about 10 more pounds. My sister-in-law does a ton of cardio (walks about 10-15 miles a day) plus starves herself, and still has jiggly thighs. Don't get me wrong....she looks fabulous at 5'8" and 115 pounds. But is the jiggle from not lifting weights? Is it best to do both cardio & weights? Should I be doing things differently?

I also follow Weight Watchers. I know I should probably eat more protein, but I'm not much of a meat eater. Are there any low calorie or calorie-free options for adding protein to my diet without adding too many daily points?

Thanks!!
charlesedwin

Re: no benefit from exercise?

Postby nanlar » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:41 am

If you want to gain (or lose) weight you need to feed your body whole foods, six times per day. This means splitting your large meals up and eating about once every three hours. Not only is this good for your metabolism, but your body will use the foods instead of storing them as fat.

Your six meals per day should consist of mainly complex carbohydrates and protein. You should aim for at least thirty grams of protein per meal.

And as far as your workout goes what does the weight training consist of? A good combination is the squat, bench press, seated row and the pull up. These excercises uses far more muscle fibers when lifting the weight. Are you taking supp;ements?
nanlar

Postby oliviathn » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:05 am

Exercise will beneficial for you, if you do it in right way. If you want to do exercise then morning is the good time. Not do after taking any breakfast or lunch or dinner, there are so many ways to maintain health, like walking it is best way to mantain health, other is cycling.
oliviathn

Postby forigners » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:41 am

I agree with you Exercise plays the vital role in maintaining the health .
So not do more heavy exercise just early in morning which made the fitness maintained.

Postby sanjibeceltic » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:01 pm

There are lots of benefits of exercise if it was on time. If you are doing exercise regularly then you have to maintain a time table for that. If you are not maintaining a regular time table then you never understand the benefits of exercise.............
http://www.blindsale.co.uk
sanjibeceltic

Postby stotalhealth1 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:20 am

Hey it sometimes happen so that u dont get quite a benefit from exercise..
it looks like u have done a lot and u dont get the results..
it also depends upon what are the ways u do exercise..
hope u get benefits accordingly..
thanks......

Nutrition Articles
subarachnoid hemorrhage
stotalhealth1

Postby Torean » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:05 am

Well There might be the reason behind that might be irregularity in Exercise . You need to have exercise daily , if you do it in the morning then it is better for you . I assure you that if you do exercise regularly then it will always beneficial for you .

White Lake Boot camp
Torean

Postby jhonpaul » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:25 pm

Dont give up hope, might be the diet you are taking is the cause that you arent able to gain benefit of exercise. Do consider that first....
jhonpaul

Postby Dsmith » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Hello,

Physical exercise is any bodily activity that enhances or maintains physical fitness and overall health and wellness. It is performed for various reasons including strengthening muscles and the cardiovascular system, honing athletic skills, weight loss or maintenance, as well as for the purpose of enjoyment. Frequent and regular physical exercise boosts the immune system, and helps prevent the "diseases of affluence" such as heart disease, cardiovascular disease.

Thanks,

SEO companies Canada
Dsmith

Postby Michealleo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:22 am

IF you wanna loss some more weight then first get a healthy diet plan because only exercises wont gona work for you until you dont fix your eating habits ..
Michealleo

Next

Return to Fitness and Exercise Forum