Insanity Workout Vs P90X - Choosing the Right Extreme Fitnes

Share your opinions on Diet Supplements and other health food products

Insanity Workout Vs P90X - Choosing the Right Extreme Fitnes

Postby fitnes57 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:34 am

Insanity Workout Vs P90X - Choosing the Right Extreme Fitness Program

Tony Horton and his vaunted P90X system, or Shaun T and his truly daunting INSANITY workout? Both are touted as super intense, only for conditioned athletes. Both are guaranteed to give you startling results if you follow their guidelines closely. But how to choose? Do you go for Tony Horton's 90 day total body transformation, or Shaun T's 60 day cardio madness? Is one of them simply better than the other? The answer, as you might have had a sneaking suspicion, is that it totally depends on your own fitness goals. In this article we'll take a look at what each program provides, and see which style of exercise suits your own personalized needs. Because while each is truly a challenging workout, they're tough for their own particular reasons, and it's important to know why before making a choice.

Let's start at the beginning. Before looking at the programs, you need to look at yourself. What do you want to accomplish? What are your fitness goals? Are you primarily interested in losing weight, or bulking up with some muscle? Do you enjoy extreme cardio, or loath it? What about free weights and doing pull ups? Of course in an ideal world you would be able to accomplish every fitness goal you could put on paper, but here you have to be realistic. What is your number one goal?

That determined, let's look at the programs. Shaun T's INSANITY is so called because he strives to keep you in your anaerobic zone for extended periods of time while giving you short short breaks inbetween. INSANITY is all gut wrenching cardio, where you use your own weight as the primary form of resistance. But let's be clear: the key word up there was 'anaerobic'. Shaun T doesn't want you to cruise through his workout at 65% effort, but rather 85% +. When exercising this hard you won't be getting enough oxygen to comfortably break down fat for energy as you would over the course of a 45 minute leisurely jog-you're forced to break down your own body tissue to keep going once you've exhausted your supply of blood sugar. Then, over the course of the rest of the day and that night your body will repair itself, resulting in more lean muscle tissue, greater health and less weight. But it's hard. For this to work, you need to operate at 85% + effort level, which few people can do for more than six minutes. Shaun T will ask you to do so for thirty minutes to an hour. Can you handle that kind of cardio?

Conversely, Tony Horton's P90X will challenge you in terms of strength training. While Tony's workout includes cardio and plyometrics (jump based routines), there is a strong focus on weight resistance training, from pull ups to free weights. You'll be breaking down the muscle tissue in the classic manner, which will not only help burn fat but result in muscle growth. You will not only fitter but stronger, and your appearance at the end of it will reflect that.

Finally you have the time consideration. Insanity Deluxe is 60 days. P90X is 90. How much are you willing to commit to one of these programs? Are you willing to go at it for the long haul, or do you want a shorter exercise period? Extreme cardio versus strength training?
fitnes57

Re: Insanity Workout Vs P90X - Choosing the Right Extreme Fi

Postby Andy.yardy » Tue May 31, 2011 11:26 am

Workout is always important,.
If you have a proper diet than workout is also important for it.

Postby alexdiets » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:00 am

I started my fitness journey with P90X back in January 2010 and I’ve been doing it over a year now so I’ve got to admit I am a little biased towards P90X (see my results here – P90X Results). If someone were to put a gun to my head and ask me which program is my favorite in the P90X vs Insanity battle, then I’d definitely say P90X. They are two completely different programs though and I think they are both incredible workouts.

Postby funnylife » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:35 pm

This problem is true,thank you very much !

Postby jonathantrott » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:22 pm

This program seems to be very intensive in nature, but I am thinking to get into it.
food hygiene training
jonathantrott

Postby jonathantrott » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:21 pm

I am definitely going to try this fitness program.
workplace training online
jonathantrott

Postby Jenie » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:52 pm

Workout is must for better health. Along with proper diet, workout in a right way helps to remain fit.
Jenie

Return to Dietary Supplements and products