Vitamin C / Citric Acid

Share your opinions on Diet Supplements and other health food products

Re: Vitamin C / Citric Acid

Postby olgawaine » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:09 am

Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin, otherwise known as ascorbic acid. Vitamin C is responsible for many functions in our body. Also, Vitamin C is an antioxidant and can protect our body from free radicals, which may cause heart disease and cancer. We should be responsible in our body, eat the right food and fruits that gives nutrients to our body.
olgawaine

Vitamin C / Citric Acid

Postby viexgibiada » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:34 am

I purchased the DIY infopack. Great information. I made an anhydrous Vitamin C serum consisting of:

Siloxane/Polysilicone Base
L-Ascorbic Acid
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate
Vitamin E Mixed Tocopherols
Ferulic Acid

I want to add Alpha Lipoic Acid to this mix, but Im not sure if that would work. I cant find any info on an anhydrous Vitamin C/E/FA/ALA combination like this. Dr. Todorov, does this sound like it would work?
viexgibiada

Postby levliza » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:15 am

Vitamin C is one and the same, and is an important nutrient for humans. Citric acid is responsible for the sour and bitter tastes of lemons and to a lesser amount other citrus fruits. There is no vitamin C in citric acid.

Postby anz0002 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:52 pm

In my opinion vitamin C and citric acid are not same although they both are found in citrus food but they are different

Postby Cughkede » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Absolutely with you it agree. I like your idea. I suggest to take out for the general discussion.
Cughkede

Postby jonathantrott » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:10 pm

Why citric acid is used, does this help in nourishing liver,
jonathantrott

Postby adhira » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:03 am

Vitamin C and citric acid are not the same. Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin. It is found mostly in fruits and vegetables, strawberries and oranges. Citric acid is naturally occurring, it is not an essential part of nutrition. This acid is commonly used for flavoring, often in beverages. Citric acid is found in oranges, lemons and limes.
adhira

Postby jonathantrott » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:24 pm

Vitamin c is necessary for health, one need to be very sure if h's taking the right amount of quantity.
alcohol training courses
jonathantrott

Postby jackmiller » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Thanks for his useful post. It's a stuff...

Nutrisystem Discount Code
jackmiller

Postby Jozif » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:39 am

Vitamin c has much effective for the body for instance,if anybody who is kidney patient and feels much pain so the lemon water is better to pass through the stones from the kidney just to take the relief so this is called home basis remedy which is so simple and not so costly for expensive point of view,
promoting physical therapy
Jozif

PreviousNext

Return to Dietary Supplements and products