What kind of dietary supplements are available?

Share your opinions on Diet Supplements and other health food products

What kind of dietary supplements are available?

Postby jack » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:38 pm

What kind of dietary supplements are available? What do they do? Have you noticed anything after taking them?
Vitamins, minerals, supplements, herbs, things from puritan or the vitamin shoppe ?
What are some of them that you can get and what do they do?
Thanks!
jack

Re: What kind of dietary supplements are available?

Postby mayka » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:40 pm

Here's a general guide to supplements: http://www.publix.com/wellness/healthcenter
However, I personally think if you eat a nutritious diet then the supplements have more of a placebo effect and a wallet-draining effect.
mayka

Postby NaturalEnergy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:36 pm

Well I heard about dietary supplement called bHIP and I found it to be very good. It's in a way like energy drinks but completely natural and with no artificial caffeine, stimulants, or by-products. I found this product at misel.bhipglobal.com (from Europe) and it's very low priced product around 60$ or less for a package which consists of 30 "doses" that you mix each one with cold water ( 0.5 L ) and just shake it. The seller told me one whole package is enough for minimum of 16 L of pure natural energy drink.

Copied form a website (misel.bhipglobal.com)

Optimize Athletic Performance with bHIP Energy!

bHIP Energy Athletic Performance Benefits:

* B Vitamins For Optimized Energy along with herbal formula with time-released energy for stronger workouts.
* Amino Acid Stack for Muscular Regeneration, Protein Synthesis, and Recovery
* Herbal Supplement Blend Promotes Increased Metabolism, Fat Burning, Recovery, and Mental Clarity
* White Willow Bark Extract Combats Joint / Muscular Pain and Inflammation

Whether you're a 'Weekend Warrior', Semi-Pro or Professional Athlete - if you're serious about taking your performance to the next level - bHIP Energy delivers the nutrients you need in a delicious, fast acting, long lasting formula that's convenient to carry - anywhere . . . Just mix with water, shake, and enjoy!

Strenuous exercise produces an increase in oxygen consumption in muscular tissues. Unfortunately, as oxygen use increases so does free radical production. Free radicals are the number one cause of decreased athletic performance, recovery time, cellular death, and pre-mature aging. To combat this damage, bHIP Energy provides a plentiful source of nutrients, hydration, and anti-oxidants.

The ideal diet for the athlete throughout history remains quite controversial. One common trait however remains consistent; the additional stress combined with today's poor nutrient food source value requires an athlete to seek pure forms of essential nutrient supplementation.

bHIP Energy synergistically combines nature's most powerful antioxidants, vitamins and herbal supplements into our Proprietary Energy Formula that provides you the essential nutrients, amino acids, and metabolic enhancers required for optimal energy delivery and continual free radical protection.

Supporting your body's internal free radical scavenger system with high levels of antioxidants in your diet is critical, particularly as you age or perform intense exercise.

bHIP Energy's antioxidant formula continually combats Free Radical Damage.

Free Radicals are scientifically documented to negatively impact Athletic Performance on multiple fronts:

• Lack of Energy & Fatigue
A high rate of free radical production interferes with your body’s ability to produce energy efficiently by damaging cell mitochondria - small membrane-enclosed regions that produce the chemicals cells use for energy - thereby contributing to fatigue & lack of energy.

• Muscle Fatigue, Damage & Soreness
Free radicals are believed to contribute to muscle fatigue, exercise-induced muscle injury, inflammation and soreness in athletes (Powers and Lennon 1999; Powers, DeRuisseau et al. 2004). Exercise, though healthy in many ways, is known to dramatically increase the amount of free radicals generated by your body.

• Pre-Mature Aging
Free radical damage is now believed to be associated with most chronic disease processes, including heart disease, diabetes, stroke, Alzheimer's disease, arthritis, and DNA damage leading to mutations and some types of cancer. Today, the most widely accepted model of the aging process is cumulative cell damage caused by free radicals.

Don't let fatigue, lack of energy, and soreness impact your performance!
NaturalEnergy

Postby stephan » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:00 am

Should I take a vitamin tablet or some kind of dietary supplement every day? ... Probiotics are also available as dietary supplements and may be beneficial
Organic Food Supplements
stephan

Postby Verena » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:50 pm

Well, everything under the sun. When you read all the stuff you should take, it's an amazing maze. And in the stores you often don't have the time to really find out what does what for you- and therefore end up spending tons of money for things that sit in your cabinet.
I found a great online store where you can read up on the basic functions of the different vitamins etc. available. They also have a full archive of research literature, if you want more info. We have been using their products for years now and are very happy with everything. Just for info: I'm 45 and my husband is 86. And pretty fit and keeping up with me. Probably the supplements he takes help a lot!
Verena

Postby keyguard123 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:05 am

Hi all.
I am 24 years old and 56 kg of weight. I want to know how to increase my weight up to 60 kg. I am vegetarian and do not eat eggs. Is 56 kg is good at my age or less ? I do some normal exercises at home. Please suggest me some food to increase weight. What kind of dietary supplements are available ?
keyguard123

Postby kallis » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:51 am

I think that nutritious diet food will work well . Moreover, multivitamins would be the good ideas . I have not used dietary supplements yet . You need to consult with your doctor for better advice .

Clarkston Bootcamps
Last edited by kallis on Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
kallis

Postby ponting13 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:00 am

Intake a ruddy, well-balanced diet should offer you with all of the cause nutrients you poorness. Not everyone has a respectable diet so whatsoever of those nutrients strength be inadequate. For model, a mortal who hates fruits and vegetables might not get enough vitamin C and someone who refuses to eat farm products present frequently pauperization spare calcium.
Action a regular multivitamin is an inexpensive and effortless way to be sure you are getting the vitamins and minerals you impoverishment. A few being dietary supplements bang been shown to bonk advantageous benefits for your upbeat too. Adding these extra supplements may be beneficial:

Computer Parts Store
Computer Accessories Store
ponting13

Postby lonwabo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:46 am

Apteka store offers all range of natural holistic medicines that will keep you always healthy by providing paramount solutions of every health related issues. At apteka store, you can find oils, tinctures, syrups. Ointments, herbal teas, dry herbs & berries and various other essential body and health care products.

----------------------------------
Ascorbic Acid
lonwabo

Postby jonathantrott » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:11 pm

I have been working out lately and my instructor told me that protein shakes are the best.
jonathantrott

Next

Return to Dietary Supplements and products