cheese and dairy products

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

cheese and dairy products

Postby maddocknail » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:56 am

Hi,
I was just wondering what people's views on cheese and dairy products are. My mum has high cholesterol (good and bad) but her doctor is adamant she take pills to reduce it. I would say she eats healthily (little meat, lots of veg etc) but she does love cheese. I've read lots of varying reports on this - i.e. if it's organic and unpasteurised then it's actually good for your cholesterol; then there's the Cretan diet which advises ewe cheese only. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Or can you point me towards any information?
Thanks
maddocknail

Re: cheese and dairy products

Postby Teagan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:21 pm

The World's Healthiest Foods site has a good report on cheese and dairy products:
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=faq&dbid=43

Then there's the whole controversy about cholesterol itself.
http://www.healthfoodmadeeasy.com/great ... -comments/

Hope some of this helps.
Teagan

Postby nanlar » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:33 pm

In relation to dairy products , it is just my opinion that they are the best source of calcium that we can get. Dieters should be wary because not including dairy in there diet regimen such as, one high in protein the dieter could become deficient in calcium. Adding Fat free yogury or other dairy will be of benefit to them.
nanlar

Postby jackmartinn55 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:03 pm

I also like cheese so much. There are so many dairy products are available. Yes it is true so many fats in cheese. So if you have cholesterol than cheese is not good for your health. You can try any dairy product. There are so many dairy product are available in market. Dairy product is good for health.
jackmartinn55

Postby funnylife » Tue May 22, 2012 4:42 am

I think it’s very interesting,thanks for sharing.

Postby Danielv » Wed May 23, 2012 10:09 am

I wouldn't even recommend drinking diet drinks. Because the sweet taste stimulates one's appetite and makes it difficult to obstain from eating too much of some other food. Perhaps it's more healthy to eat some cheese than to drink sweet drinks. But in the end it's the number of calories consumed that matters the most to someone who is on a diet. And cheese has plenty of calories too.
Does headstands make you losing hair faster
Danielv

Postby jackflaming » Wed May 23, 2012 10:21 am

Studies have shown that a combination of nutrients in dairy products, such as calcium, vitamin D and phosphorus, are important for bone health. This intake of nutrients is especially important to bone health during childhood and adolescence. Also, high-calcium and dairy food intake throughout life is an important factor in reducing the risk of fracture from osteoporosis.
jackflaming

Postby anz0002 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:59 am

Cheese and diary products are good supplement to take. They help you to gain weight and also provide you with calories.

Postby jonathantrott » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:03 pm

I think cheese and dairy products should be consumed by people who are low on cholesterol.
jonathantrott

Postby lisaray » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:02 am

Cheese and Dairy products are good for health
lisaray

Next

Return to Health Food Discussion Forum